[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already know what itsays )

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 7 21:15:27 UTC 2010

On 1/7/2010 11:55 AM, Isabelle Hakala wrote:

> Please try to keep these discussions civil, as we want to encourage
> people to share their opinions without feeling attacked by others,
> otherwise we will not have a diversity of opinions, which is needed to
> stretch our capacity for reasoning.

That's unlikely, because the topic (for reasons probably having to do
with immunization reactions to religion) is toxic to many otherwise
open-minded people here, so they react with vehemence and without any
appeal to evidence. Some refuse even to consider evidence when it's
provided (John Clark, say, who proudly declares that he won't look at
anything pretending to be evidence for psi, since he knows a priori that
it's BULLSHIT!!!).

Anyone interested in my pro-psi opinion will have to read my 350pp book
on the topic, OUTSIDE THE GATES OF SCIENCE; I'm tired to repeating in
bite-sized chunks what I've already spent a lot of effort writing
carefully. (For an opinion of the book and the topic by one very bright
and open-minded sometime ExIchat poster, consult Ben Goertzel's review
on the amazon site.)

Damien Broderick