[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already knowwhatitsays )

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 06:04:06 UTC 2010

On 1/7/2010 11:47 PM, spike wrote:

> I use the term in the general sense, not about god or angels, but rather
> anything outside our currently understood framework.

So quantum gravity is supernatural now, and conventional QT was
supernatural in 1890? This is a very unusual version of the idiom. Why
not just use "paranormal"? It's a customary usage and doesn't imply any
particular metaphysical stance, IMO, as "supernatural" does in the
vernacular. At some stage, when the phenom are understood (or adequately
debunked), they will indeed become "normal" but that shift in
perspective strikes me as less paradoxical. (Does the paradoxical become
doxical when understood? Could genetic engineering create a parrot ox?
and so on.)

Damien Broderick