[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already knowwhatitsays )

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:13:56 UTC 2010

2010/1/11 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>

> On Jan 11, 2010,  Will Steinberg wrote:
>
> That won't work because quantum entanglement can't transmit information, it
> can change things at a distance but you need more than that to send a
> message, you also need a standard to measure that change against, and that
> is where entanglement falls short.

The observer effect can still effect (I had to) information, just not
information with any pushing power--but this is not needed for
communication.  If, because fatalism hold true, the entangled qubits produce
an informational response within the brain, that same response can be
predicted given a standard-ish "mental language."  I may not be able to
cause a particle to spin, but I think many (Especially you, John) would
agree that "I" can not cause my hands to move or a sentence to form, given
causality.  We are already energic outbursts of little bits and bots trying
to wiggle their way back to entropy, formed only by the motion of energy
through us like an electron transport chain.  The brain makes decisions and
THEN we interpret them; this is fact; this has been tested using fMRI.
Extension to another observational medium can't be too hard.