[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already knowwhatitsays )

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 11 21:49:29 UTC 2010

On Jan 11, 2010,  Will Steinberg wrote:

> The observer effect can still effect (I had to) information, just not information with any pushing power--but this is not needed for communication.

I don't understand what that means.

> I think many (Especially you, John) would agree that "I" can not cause my hands to move or a sentence to form

Actually I don't agree. As I said before I think that saying that I scratched my nose because I wanted to is a perfectly correct way to describe the situation, as is saying the balloon expanded because the pressure inside it increased, its just that those are not the only way to describe what is going on. "I" is a high level description of what a hundred billion neurons are doing, and "pressure" is a high level description of what millions of billions of trillions of atoms are doing.

> given causality

That is not a given, modern Physics says causality is bunk. And after all, why should all events have a cause?

 John k Clark