[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

Christopher Luebcke cluebcke at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 05:56:42 UTC 2010

> I offered to send you a list of the peer-reviewed articles written> by Michael Mann, Keith Briffa, Phil Jones, and others, that contain
> fraudulent data or conclusions, so as to enable you to see for
> yourself the specific instances of fraud, in primary sources.

To which I responded that I'm not a climatologist, or even a scientist. I am also excruciatingly well aware that these sources are being interpreted across an entire spectrum, from completely reliable to not only incorrect but fraudulent, to not only fraudulent but fraudulent in the furtherance of some conspiracy. I value my opinion on the matter no more or less than yours, and due to the highly charged atmosphere in which non-scientists are making pronouncements, I can only leave it to the scientific method to arrive at the actual truth.

> Instead you chose to comment on my> "attitude", and in an earlier post you insinuated that I am about to
> "bring our civilization to its knees".

I do in fact believe that fear-mongering conspiracy theorists, in this technological day and age, pose an existential threat to modern Western civilization. I stand for reason, evidence and temperance. That is why I take accusations of fraud in science very seriously. It is also why I must dismiss as--let me not say fraudulent, but wildly hyperbolic--someone who makes such accusations but does not feel compelled to act on them, other than to add his voice to the senseless din of the digitally enraged.

Or, more succinctly, you make the accusation, the burden of proof is on you. Put up or shut up, as they say.