[ExI] Question from a neophyte

Jeff Davis heavensblade23 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:19:02 UTC 2010

> What is quite confusing to me is to have to defend my views concerning
> the future human after I years in this area and have written, lectured
> and designed a concept for a future human which is not sequestered to
> a meat body (but does not denounce *a* body) and in fact, suggests
> multiple shapes and substrates with which to house, if you will,
> identity for the extension of personal identity over time and space.
>
> Be it that I do not favor Moravec specific design; it does not mean
> that I am blind to the well-known transhumanist far future
> noosphere-istic type environment that we have long discussed.

How does the concept of morphological freedom deal with issues like surgical
addiction?

I ran into a surgical addict on a message board years ago and the pictures
he posted of himself are not among my fondest memories.

Whether there's a distinction between implanting magnets under your
fingertips and cutting chunks out of yourself because of mental
illness depends on who you're talking to.

"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be
other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be
based on war and games. All games are basically hostile. Winners and losers.
We see them all around us: the winners and the losers. The losers can
oftentimes become winners, and the winners can very easily become losers.."
- William S. Burroughs