[ExI] Bodies

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Mar 18 21:50:04 UTC 2010

   Lee writes:

> But who would care? I ought to have many sensors throughout
> the Earth, not just allowing me to check against threats,
> but to assist my natural curiosity about all the real
> hardware employed to make manifest my virtual reality,
> as well as to satiate my expanded curiosity concerning
> scientific phenomena.
>
> As for colors, well! No reason my emotions cannot be
> linked to an incredible variety of new hues.
>
> Won't it be interesting to see yourself the actual code
> and chips that produce your very real feelings and thoughts?
> Imagine being able to implement into room-sized equipment
> those physical circuits that *are* a particular thought
> or feeling in real time---and see it operate simultaneously
> as you experience it!
>
> I love my fifty trillion cells very much, the way I love
> other vehicles I've driven for many years, only much
> more so. But the sad day arrives, as it often has,
> when one must say goodbye. I've yet never failed to
> shed a tear.

TRANSHUMAN STATEMENT

   We are transhumans
Our art integrates the most eminent progression
of creativity and sensibility
merged by discovery.

Transhumanist Arts represent the aesthetic and creative culture of
transhumanity.
Transhumanist Artists are developing new and varied modes of art.
Our aesthetics and expressions are merging with science and technology in
designing increased sensory experiences.

Transhumans want to improve and extend life.
We are designing the technologies to improve and extend life.
Emotions are integral to our senses and understanding.
We are designing the technologies to enhance our senses and understanding.

The transhumanist ecology and freedom exercises self-awareness and
self-responsibility.
If our art represents who we are, then let us choose to be transhumanist
not only in our bodies, but in our future existences, and in our values.
Transhumanist Artists embrace the creative innovations of transhumanity.
We are ardent activists in pursuing infinite transformation,
overcoming death and exploring the universe.

Transhumans want to improve and extend life.
We are designing the technologies to improve and extend life.
Emotions are integral to our senses and understanding.
We are designing the technologies to enhance our senses and understanding.

As Transhumanist Arts come into focus
As more artists join our efforts
As more designs are produced
As more music is composed
As more stories are written
As the tools and ideas of our art continue to evolve,
So too shall we.

   http://www.transhumanist.biz/[1]

Links:
------