[ExI] A question to the moderators WAS: Self-directed Evolution and the Future of Man

estropico estropico at gmail.com
Sat May 15 10:11:38 UTC 2010

That's right, Natasha, Stefano clearly called me a conspiracy-monger,
a defamer and a troll. The fact that the insults came as part of a
back-handed compliment does not change their nature.

A little aside: It has been mentioned, by Giulio, that me and Stefano
have a lot history, including a couple of flames on this list. I'd
like to point out that (unlike Stefano) I have never *insulted* him,
not even in those heated exchanges, and neither have I *defamed* him.
All I have written about his involvement with a certain political side
has been documented and has not been disproven (I'd be happy to post
the links to the material, including mine *and* Stefano's articles on
IEET.org). Stefano might want to spin it another way and he's
obviously entitled to his opinion, but what I've written in the
articles or on any mailing lists cannot be described as defamation -
even Stefano the lawyer admits so: "always just short of what could be
prosecuted in Italy as criminal defamation" (see the comments here:
http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/stile20100209/)

At any rate, that's history and none of it changes what happened in
this case, nor, I hope, gives Stefano the right to let fly at me at
will. All I want to find out with my "Question to the moderators", is
whether I am allowed to post to this list without being freely
insulted and defamed.

Cheers,
Fabio
PS: I read the list in digest mode, so apologies if I'm a bit behind
in the discussion. Also: I'll be offline for a week or so from Monday.
Apologies if I'll suddenly drop off the discussion - and I would be
grateful if Stefano could save any further insults until I'm back, on
the 26th of May...