[ExI] MAY 6

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Sat May 15 10:24:02 UTC 2010

Frank McElligott wrote:
> On may 6 from 2:40 to 3:00 eastern the Dow had a 900 drop followed by
> a 600 point rise.
>
> Today is May 13 and still no one knows why it happened.
>
> My bet it was a cyber attack from China, just a dry run for when
> things get heated up between east and west.
>
> More important, If we can not know what these computers were doing,
> why wasn't the plug pulled at 2:45
>
> Perfect example of the Forbin Project:)
>
> Any thoughts

Naw, government wanted an excuse to have more control over the markets.
So it invents scare market dive due to the market being too
automated/efficient and grabs (sooner or later) more power to make the
numbers look how they want them to look.    There was no proven computer
glitch or human glitch magnified by computers AFAIK.  Just a lot of
speculation mixed with calls (surprise, surprise) for more "regulation".

back to your normal more or less pleasant musings..

- samantha