[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue May 18 00:46:09 UTC 2010

Il 18/05/2010 0.33, Jeff Davis ha scritto:
> I have a slightly different take on this.
>
> First, the go-no go, suspend or not suspend issue.  Someone said
> legalities **DO** matter.  I agree.  If Alcor doesn't freeze the
> putrefied remnant of Mr. Richardson's brain/head, then they seem to
> leave themselves open to charges of fraud, breach of contract, or
> perhaps something else.  So they've gotta freeze.  And of course no
> refund to the surviving family.  Cannot let that precedent stand.
> Cannot allow others to think they can get away with doing the same.

IANAL, my opinion is that if Alcor didn't dug and preserve they would
jeopardize their status of entity legally recognized to be able to
receive anatomic gifts. The pertinent law used to accommodate cryonics
is this, from what I red.

Mr. Richardson legally gifted his anatomical parts to Alcor.
So these parts are Alcor property.
This risk is that not upholding their rights to claim the head of Mr.
Robinson they would be open to other legal attacks in future cases.

Mirco