[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed May 19 21:07:42 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki

>... Also, the Richardson
> scenario passed my mind too, and I don't want anybody to hope
> that delaying suspension would prevent it - thus any rational
> agent who is against my suspension but knows delaying tactics
> won't work will not try them in the first place... Rafal

After all the yakkity yak and bla bla, our own Dr. Smigrodzki comes up with
a novel twist, which I feel should be added to the reasoning matrix nearly
verbatim.  We had already that quad 4 (and 2) demotivates those who would
prevent suspension for profit motives, but Rafal's notion is that quad 4
(and possibly 3) would demotivate those who oppose suspension for
non-monetary (possibly religious) reasons, who may try to intentionally
delay suspension long enough to get Alcor to give up.

Good show Rafal!