[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Thu May 20 00:25:06 UTC 2010

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> 2010/5/18 samantha <sjatkins at mac.com>:
>

>> Quadrant four. Exactly what Alcor did. For several reasons.
>> First and foremost, it was what the customer wanted and paid me for.
>>
>> False.  They paid you for a chance at future life.  Not to freeze whatever
>> remnant of fresh even if it is utterly hopeless to be any more than a
>> symbolic act.
>>

> ### This is incorrect, Samantha. The contract usually signed with
> Alcor (such as mine) doesn't say many specifics about future life but
> very specifically describes what is to be done if my brain is
> considered to be non-recoverably destroyed. I paid for what the
> contract says - hopes of future life are not directly a part of the
> contract. If Mr Richardson's contract says he wanted his remains to be
> frozen regardless of their condition, then that it what he paid for,
> and that is what Alcor should strive to achieve.

I was not saying that that was explicitly written in the contract but
that this is the clear intent.   If the contract did say pretty much
"freeze whatever whenever" then I would agree  with digging and freezing
even though it is utterly pointless to do so as far as the intent
goes.    The true intent should guide and be more explicit in the contract.

- samantha