[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Sat Nov 13 16:01:03 UTC 2010

spike wrote:
> .. On Behalf Of Richard Loosemore
> Eliezer obviously thinks that he is the chosen one, but whereas you are
> coming right out and declaring that you are the one, he would never be so
> dumb as to actually say "Hey, everyone, bow down to me, because I
> *am* the singularity!".  He may be an irrational, Randian asshole, but he is
> not that stupid...Richard Loosemore
>
> Richard I get a strong feeling I understand why you ended up getting banned
> on SL4.

Ah, Spike old buddy :-)  I fear you do *not* understand why I was banned
from SL4....

Eliezer and I had a dispute about some cognitive psychology stuff, but
he said such outrageously silly things during that argument that I
decided to issue a challenge:   I challenged anyone on SL4 to go to a
neutral expert in cognitive psychology and ask their opinion of the
stuff that Eliezer had said about the topic.

Eliezer's immediate response was to ban me from his list, and ban
discussion of "all topics Loosemore-related".

..... NOW do you understand why I ended up getting banned from SL4...?

Richard Loosemore