[ExI] Transhumanist Declaration

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 19:56:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/10/9 Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com>:
> > More seriously, if you have suggested revisions like this, the end result
> > will probably be
> > better if you edit the pages directly, instead of going through a third
> > party (like me).
>
> Actually, Natasha's revisions have been frequently rejected in the
> past, even when well cited. I wonder if I can dig up some examples of
> this from [[Transhumanism]].

Just a hunch: they came off as promotional, especially unsourced
promotional,
instead of neutral description of what it is?

Yeah, Wikipedia will slam that, almost every time.  Fortunately, they do the
same thing to those who just want to detract without evidence.

Keep it to the facts, and don't try to persuade readers to follow the
movement,
and it'll be fine.  Let the facts speak for themselves.

In this case, there really is a difference in facts: when the Declaration
was
written, and by who.  I notice that Wikpedia's main editor for the pages has
already begun to rework my edits.  While my specific words aren't there any
more, the substance of the change - that the WTA didn't write the original
Declaration, just adopted a modified form of it - remains.