[ExI] Psi in a major science journal

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Oct 22 15:08:58 UTC 2010

On 10/22/2010 4:46 AM, Ben Zaiboc wrote:

> It occurs to me, though, that if any govt. anywhere
> was successfully employing paranormal abilities with
> any degree of success, they would be having uncanny
> success in military operations, etc.

This applies equally to any successful spying operation conducted by
advanced traditional means, monitoring cell phone traffic etc.  Does
this mean no such intelligence operations ever happen, or just that they
never lead to uncanny success?

Looking on results from the outside, how would you disentangle successes
due to "normal" means from any due to "paranormal" means?

It's possible that the various declassified successes of Star Gate were
actually due to conventional spying by local agents or to advanced
satellite surveillance, etc, and that the military carefully leaked
rumors that psi dunnit to muddy the waters and confuse the foe. It's
known that at least some highly secret military plane and rocket flights
were masked by fake UFO reports, which allowed sensible journalists and
others to guffaw and turn their minds to other topics. It could be that
way with military "psi programs". But that doesn't explain all the
anomalies like Bem's experiments or my own with Lotto (unless we are all
part of the Evil Government Conspiracy to Cloud Your Minds).

Damien Broderick