[ExI] solar is looking better all the time: was RE: Efficiency of wind power

Mr Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 15:26:17 UTC 2011

2011/4/6 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> geothermal and falling water are nearly completely exploited

I think geothermal heating/cooling should be used for homes/buildings.
 Using the Earth's constant temperature could save us a lot of grid usage.
 Sure, on the heating side we'll need to supplement, but we 'pay' to heat
from 55-70, versus 34-70.

Water sources deeper than 8' I believe it is, can be used as these
geothermal heatsinks.  We can kill 2 birds with one stone on this one, and
create more ponds/lakes to help with the upcoming water issues
(sporadic cycles, floods, droughts, etc.)