[ExI] PaleoCRON?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:59:46 UTC 2011

2011/4/26 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:
> I agree with Stefano about the downsides to moderate-to-severe CR. On the
> other hand, I see all kinds of good reasons to practice mild-to-modest CR in
> the form of intermittent fasting and portion control as part of a NeoPaleo
> approach. Doing fasting while on a NeoPaleo diet is easier, because blood
> sugar levels are more stable and hunger less acute.

I am also inclined to consider occasional fasting a good thing (I
personally tend to adopt it to fight sleep deprivation or flu
symptoms), but I always believed that the subjective and yet quite
evident benefits derive more from the suspension from time to time of
the digestive process than from any substantial reduction in overall
caloric intake.

This makes me think of another angle: are those who are on CRON really
in a good position to profit from occasional fasting and its possible
benefits? Admitting that in order to get the most out of it you are
required to walk the borderline, fasting would immediately plunge you
below the level where disadvantages exceed advantages.

--
Stefano Vaj