[ExI] Neither unique facts nor lies

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 15 17:03:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, 8/15/11, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:
"Unique is also considered binary, and "very unique" or "more
unique" is mocked. I have no problem with treating unique as
a fuzzy value."
And I HATE very unique! I hate things that are very one of a kind. If unique is now to mean rare (we already have a word for that and it works fine) then we will need a replacement word for the idea unique once conveyed, and unique was perfect, I liked the fact it had a q in it, q may not be unique but it is odd. I might have to hire somebody who said "very unique" because almost everybody does, but my opinion of him would drop a notch.

 John K Clark