[ExI] Uploading cautions, "Speed Up"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 15:44:20 UTC 2011

On 23 December 2011 15:29, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> On 2011-12-23 14:55, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> Assuming it is cheap to squeeze it in. Lab life support technology isn't
> that cheap or reliable.

An office with a desk is an admittedly primitive, but rather effective,
life support technology, and you can squeeze in it a human being quite
easily. :-)

Of course, I deliberately implied that I was referring to a brain, or parts
thereof, in a vial positioned within a cabinet or rack of silicon
processors, and connected through a neural interface.

But does it really have to be case? How would a "fyborg" system of a
hypothetically identical performance put in a black box be distinguishable
from the "cyborg" system you assumed I was discussing or for that matter
from a fully "artificial" one? And what would prevent such a system from
achieving an identical performance?

--
Stefano Vaj