[ExI] New AIDS Research

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Mar 1 06:31:30 UTC 2011

This reminds me of when I realized that that the question, "can I bum a
fag?" has radically different meaning in England and the USA. The person who
uttered it (a fellow English-born philosopher at USC was, I'm sure,
deliberately playing on the double meaning.

(Does anyone need the English interpretation of that explaining?)

--- Max

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>wrote:

> This reminds me of when the actress who played the cute sidekick to
> Xena, on the hit show of the same name, told a Kiwi stuntman during an
> outdoor fight scene to "bop her!"  He stopped what he was doing and
> stared, because the term means something very different in that part
> of the world....
>
> John
>

> --

Max More