[ExI] buttload

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 5 17:34:09 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Keith Henson

>...express a savage urge to go down there and grab one of the
> scaly sons a bitches, tear it open with my bear hands and devour it raw.

Problem: I don't know where to find bear hands.  Might hafta just use my
bare hands instead, or grow and sharpen my fingernails to imitate bear
claws.

>...In days long gone when most of the meat the family ate was from rabbits
we raised, I would eat rabbit liver hot out of the rabbits I was butchering.
(The kids did as well.)

Oy, see what happens to me from hanging out with you?  {8^D  Keith, if we
ever suffer from an EMP that fries everyone's electronics, I plan to find
you and make you the royal survival consultant.

>...That fresh, rabbit liver is sweet and crunchy.  And you would not
believe the buzz you get from the B vitamins... Keith

That comment alone will drive the market for B vitamins.  We are a society
in desperate search for a buzz.  I wouldn't be surprised if that is somehow
related to a paleo thing: the old ones knew of certain plants that would
cause a buzz.  Perhaps it predates alcohol and marijuana.  We used to call
it loco weed.  Horses would sometimes find it, and once a horse had loco
weed, they would act crazy.  Some would develop what appears to be analogous
to a human addiction to dope.  After that the horse would go searching for
loco weed, and wasn't ever good for much of anything else.