[ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 23:56:57 UTC 2011

This shows that poor and rich are relative concepts.
The poor people in the US are more powerful and richer in many ways than
kings in the middle ages.
The most powerful king in the middle age could not fight common disease or
get in instant communication with somebody across the world.

But that is not the point.
The point is that it is still easy for many people to go in a down-spiral
where everything is lost, even in this society that gives to some people
benefits that rich people in the past would have dreamed of.
Not just that if the society richest can afford so much more than the
average person, that is unfair. We are not talking a little more but much
more. I have posted several links about what inequality does in society (it
lowers all kind of social measure of well being). And inequality is not
inequality with other countries but within particular community.
Giovanni