[ExI] devouring brains, was: RE: Bringing new life to dead matter

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jun 9 22:33:51 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Bringing new life to dead matter

On 2012-06-09 17:31, BillK wrote:

>>... You can't have very deep discussions while they are trying to eat your
brains.

>...Philosophical zombies also eat your brains... -- Anders Sandberg

Has anyone here ever actually devoured brains?  I have not, but I have half
a mind to do it, just to know what it is like.  It is available at the local
butcher.  I already have a technique for devouring strange new foods: go
half rations and zero fat for about three days, then you can eat anything.
I don't recall anyone saying it is necessarily good food.

Is there any special way it needs to be prepared?  Are there any risks
involved such as mad cow disease?  Does that apply to swine brains?