[ExI] Pink Slime

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 20:49:39 UTC 2012

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/la-na-nn-pink-slime-20120309,0,1666063.story

Since many here were discussing food issues including tissue-cultured meat, I thought I would bring up so-called pink slime. I find it curious that many of the most vehement oppononents of this stuff are probably PETA donor/activists who are offering the huge prize for the tissue cultured meat. Chances are when they get that lab grown meat, their squick factor will cause them to protest the very stuff they funded the development of. FWIW I prefer pink slime to "grey goo" any day. Oh BTW margarine which many non-dairy vegans eat? Before they add the yellow dye, it is a dull grey largely trans-fat. Unless it is made from some very specific oils. Not quite as dangerous as "grey goo" but dangerous nonetheless.

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides.