[ExI] Pink Slime

Kryonica kryonica at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:17:51 UTC 2012

Continental Europeans, of which I am one, are VERY finicky on the flavour and texture of their foie gras.  I think that it is only the day when French scientists with French taste buds  and familiar with French standards of gastronomy decide to produce artificial foie gras - and any other meat - that we will begin to get products that replace the kind of foie gras that I want to eat.  There are a lot of different goose and duck livers with a variety of textures and flavours, some not nice, others delicious, many just ordinary.  Artificial goose liver will be on my plate the day it is as tasty as the very best liver found today.  The same goes for fillet of beef. Ask anyone from Argentina.  Food should be good, not just nutritious.  "Good" here means prize-winningly Three Star Michelin-ishly yummy.