[ExI] Right to medical information

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:52:09 UTC 2012

On 18 March 2012 18:27, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't this already happening, in many cases?  Although the actual cited
> reason tends to be because identifying the deal as a can of worms is
> complex and uncertain enough that any human being - even a trained
> professional with all the relevant data - could reasonably have
> misdiagnosed.  Officially, that is.  (Unofficially, the reason is more
> often, "non-yes-men don't keep this job".)

I think that "spins" are basically acceptable and/or inevitable ("it might
still end up being a bargain/a nice child, after all"), but paying somebody
for being told lies, hey, the client must write this down if it is really
what he wants from me.

If anything because the prospective purchasers/parents, in spite of their
possible temporary wish not to hear bad news, could later sue the
lawyer/doctor who deliberately kept silent about, or misrepresented,
available data. And rightly so, I would add.

--
Stefano Vaj