[ExI] bees again

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 23:31:34 UTC 2012

>>…On Behalf Of Will Steinberg
>Subject: Re: [ExI] bees again
>
>>>…Damning in favor of pesticide…
>
>>…I got a great additional clue today, which I will reveal when I get home…spike
>
>I went to talk to the neighbors where I found the dying bees, see if I could wheedle out of them what they are spraying.  I noticed that along with their lavenders, periwinkles, tulips and other decorative annuals, they also had several rose bushes and I have no idea how to express that sentence without sounding gay.  Roses are a ton of work if you want them to produce nice flowers, along with a lot of sprays to control the aphids.  Surfactants alone are usually not enough, so you usually need some of the more sincere pesticides, which is why I took out my own roses.
>
>Perhaps the homeowner sprayed the roses, and the bees came for the other flowers and got in that rose spray, but I can calmly assure you I am as hetero as John Wayne.

Tell your neighbor to diversify his garden. Alongside his gay flowers, he should plant some yarrow, black-eyed susans, or golden rods. These will attract the mighty ladybugs, aphid alligators, and lacewings which shall bring about the aphid apocalypse over the entire garden, except for where the ants are too numerous. Ants are a force to be reckoned with, sigh. Although ant spray applied to the ground, probably wouldn't touch the bees. He could also bolster natural numbers of aphid-eaters by buying live lady bugs at a garden supply store but if their prefered plants aren't around, the mercenary insects are not likely to stick around.

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides.