[ExI] riots again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 03:52:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM, F. C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:

> the "many people" who thought that invading Afghanistan was a good idea
> have been shown to be wrong.

In late 2001 doing nothing and letting  Osama bin Laden sit safely and
openly in Afghanistan under the protection of the Taliban was simply not a
viable option and to pretend otherwise is unrealistic.

> Decade after decade the USA has gone messing around in that part of the
> world causing all kinds of problems
> and getting a lot of people angry.  Then the politicians are shocked,
> shocked that a few people decide that terrorism is the best path.

So you believe that if you're nice to moronic religious terrorists then
moronic religious terrorists will be nice to you. I disagree.

> And of course when the USA finally does pull their troops out there will
> still be unexploded bombs and shells from all sides which will probably be
> a burden on the local populations for years to come.

That will be the least of their problems, when  the USA finally does pull
out I predict that he Afghan people will not miss a beat and will
immediately find a new war to fight, just as they have for 1500 years. But
at least the next time some mega terrorist like Osama bin Laden comes along
not just Afghanistan but governments all over the world will know its not
healthy to give him protection.

  John K Clark