[ExI] Off topic or on? Group about Cryonics and Beauty, or not?

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 8 04:43:41 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Off topic or on? Group about Cryonics and Beauty, or not?

>...What?  You mean I can't talk about the most important thing of all -
theoretical (as in falsifiable) science of mind?  I can't talk about how
we'll be able to effing know if my ineffable redness is the same as yours
and what phenomenal uploading will be like...Brent Allsop

Brent, one of the reasons I will likely go in for cryonics is in the vague
hope that uploading eventually works, and if it does, I can someday find out
what it feels like to be you.  When I am done with that, I want to resume
being me.  I think that would be a really effing cool experience.

And after that, I want to find out what it feels like to be a woman.  When I
find out how women see this world, it may  explain a lot of things which
have baffled me utterly my entire life.  But afterwards, I damn sure want to
return to being me, and somehow carry the knowledge back with me.  I have a
theory that such an experience would make me a better man.