[ExI] puzzle for intrade fans

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 25 14:11:02 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] puzzle for intrade fans

>…Hi Spike. Is this a trend you see over many days or weeks? I wouldn't read too much into one day's worth of data…Gordon

Hi G,  I had seen this before, but didn’t know what to make of it.  I see another one happened this morning right at 842 AM, a point drop in about a minute, with a series of trades one tenth of a point apart.  It does make me wonder if someone has figured out a way to cause a bear chain reaction somehow, perhaps by setting up a series of accounts with sequential bids that create the appearance of a stampede, which would cause an actual stampede.  Then the game is to guess where is the bottom, so one can jump out in time.

It looks like this kind of game works best when you have a huge trading volume, such as POTUS12, and a lot of players who aren’t regular professional traders.  It is an event that lots of people like to speculate on, are willing to put a few bucks into it, and the news cycle influences greatly.  Don’t get tangled up in the event itself, but rather that there is huge money to be made.  I see from the total volume counter that over 22 million dollars has been spent so far on this one alone, and about 21 million on Romney shares.  That doesn’t even include the derivatives, which are yakkity yak wins by at least 30 electoral votes, etc.

Note the twitchy bulls in the Romney graph below:

His upticks are sudden, but his bull runs are leisurely, the mirror image of his mainstream opponent.  I think someone is manipulating this market somehow, and making buttloads of money.

I think this is just ethically bankrupt and morally unacceptable, that this crafty devil isn’t me, but rather someone else making all that money.

spike

  _____