[ExI] Dark matter

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Feb 19 20:11:03 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of scerir
Subject: Re: [ExI] Dark matter

Adrian Tymes:

> I wonder if "dark matter" is nothing more or less than stars, rogue
> planets, and the like that we have yet failed to detect, the
> properties of which are otherwise just like anything else of their
> type.  Occam's Razor.

I don't recall which studies, but several years ago I saw convincing
refutations of the notion that the apparently missing mass could be ordinary
matter.  For a long time it seemed reasonable to me, but for the missing
mass to be ordinary matter would require a lot of time to form supernovae to
cook the heavier elements, etc.  I don't recall all the arguments that the
missing mass cannot be rogue black holes and planets, but they worked on me
back in the days when I was looking at this more closely.