[ExI] Dark Matter

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 14 15:38:55 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:02 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Dark Matter

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

I think you are onto something there, me lad. spike

>.Railroads are far cheaper than trucks. And pipes are far cheaper than
railroads. But good luck prying water out of the hands of the Los
Angeleans... they are really attached to their wet stuff.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Trucks-Trains-or-Pipelines-The-Bes
t-Way-to-Transport-Petroleum.html

>.The Washington-based Association of American Railroads said in a report
this year the rate of hazardous-material spills by railroads is about 2.7
times higher than pipelines.  The cost for rail transport is about three
times higher than pipelining. -Kelly

Cool thanks Kelly.  It might be possible to transport the biomass using
seawater somehow, but I haven't worked out the economic model or the cooling
model for that matter.  It might not be practical to carry off the waste
heat with evaporation.  spike