[ExI] eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 21:33:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM, spike wrote:
> http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-website-source-code-no-reasonable-expectation-privacy_762489.html#read-more
>
> Is this an Orwellian nightmare, or am I hallucinating?  They collect all
> this info, then just outright state that you have no reasonable expectation
> of privacy.  You just dropped all manner of personal info into the public
> domain.  How the hell can they set up strong security with all this private
> info, then after the fact casually say you cannot reasonably expect privacy?
> How do they figure?  Is this really what our own government wanted?

As the article explains, these sentences are found in the programmer's
comments. They are NOT part of the terms shown to and agreed by
clients. (You really don't want to go investigating the stuff that
programmers leave in comments!)   :)

That said, if you search for - no reasonable expectation of privacy -
then you will get a fright.
Going by Supreme Court decisions, pretty much anything you send to the
internet has little expectation of privacy. Any data given to the
government can be shared to any other government agency, and also to
pretty much anybody that the government decides has a need to know.

<http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/Reasonable_expectation_of_privacy>
<https://ssd.eff.org/your-computer/govt/privacy>

You don't have any internet privacy left now (Just ask Eugen!).

BillK