[ExI] Why Global Warming Will Be Far Worse, Far Sooner, Than Forecasts Predict

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 03:04:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013  BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

 > empirical evidence suggests today’s worst-case scenarios are tomorrow’s
> most-likely outcomes.  The same is true when we do ex-ante analysis of
> modeling done in the early stages of climate research.

To give you a idea of the quality of long range forecasts, in late May
climate researchers predicted we would have a very active hurricane season
that was way above average, but instead it's the slowest hurricane season
in over 40 years. If they can't make good 4 month predictions what are we
supposed to think when they start talking about the year 2100?

> Bottom line: The future we’re fashioning is completely incompatible with
> the civilization we’ve built,

Bullshit. If it gets a little warmer and the sea gets a little higher we
will adapt just as the human race always has, I mean it's not like this is
the first time the climate has changed on us. And back then we didn't have
advanced technology to help us. And even if global warming brings on
disaster all the solutions proposed by those oh so moral environmentalists
would cause far greater disasters.

  John K Clark