[ExI] Philosophy and philosophers

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:47:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> , 17/10/2014 10:58 AM:
>

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
>
> Another angle to this discussion is whether scientists or philosophers
> have influenced transhumanism the most. And I think the philosophers win.
>

> ### I would define philosophy as the art of answering questions you are
> too ignorant to ask.
>

> Actually, I think it is more about asking the questions and trying to get
> a way to get answers. Once you start getting answers it stops being
> philosophy.

### We seem to be saying about the same thing, I maybe more poetically. As
they say, you need to know most of the answer to ask the right question,
and philosophers are perennially trying to punch way above their weight,
which means even the questions they ask aren't formulated right but for all
I know need to be asked anyway.

Rafal