[ExI] Smart watching

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:11:57 UTC 2014

I am thinking about buying a smartwatch as a medical monitoring device that
could perhaps be programmed to raise alarm, perhaps even automatically call
Alcor, if I became deanimated.

Both of the options below:

http://www.gizmag.com/moto-360-vs-samsung-gear-s/33694/

have heart rate monitors, so it's just a question of having the right kind
of app to get the automatic medical alarm capability. The inconvenient part
is that I would have to keep the watch on even at night for full
protection. And do the monitors work in the shower? The ideal system would
have enough comm range to keep in touch with a personal cell device,
usually a phone, be ultralight, water- and impact-proof, maybe have
hot-swappable battery packs, and have the right software to handle alarm
verification, and transfer of data to a monitoring service. A crime
alarm/911 function would be nice too.

Decisions, decisions.

Rafal