[ExI] The list is in the timeline and Religious Idiocy

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 11 01:50:22 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
>…  ​

​Each can hold truths  that are false or simply not applicable in any other system​.  Rational theological arguments are meaningless in empiricism.

Right?  Spike?

bill w

Ja.  I am only claiming to be able to create or synthesize lines of reasoning compatible with a certain narrow and closed system of which I am very familiar.  I could not create any logical structure which would mean anything to Jews, to Catholics, to anything other than that one closed self-referential system.  In that one closed system, I understand the underlying assumptions and understand why it is immune from objective questioning.

That system is completely self-consistent and logical under the assumptions made by that system.  To disprove that logic structure, one must look outside that closed system.

>From an outside point of view, the whole logic structure makes no sense.  Inside, it all makes perfect sense.  It is self-referential as all hell, but in that system you don’t need to worry about the system being self-referential because it is all true.  From outside, it is all false.

Choose your point of view.

When you do, choosing one with actual predictive power is power indeed.