[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:42:59 UTC 2015

On Dec 11, 2015 2:31 AM, "Adrian Tymes" <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Try them.  You're missing out on a portion of reality that is a
SIGNIFICANTLY large amount of information I guarantee you won't get
otherwise.  Ask people here who have tripped. It's a qualitative experience
that is very difficult to describe.

> I've never used them, but I've tripped on life itself at times.

> ("But wait", your self-rationalization goes, "I must have just not
written/painted/spoke well enough, because I know it was profound even if
these videos of me show nothing but banal.  I just need to try again!  And
if that fails, again and again!"  No.  It wasn't profound.  It was an
illusion.)

Why does it have to be all or nothing?  You can honestly believe that you
can never have tasted chocolate,  but claim that you get a similar
experience of chocolate cake by imagining what it is like by comparison to
other cake except for the unknown ingredient?

As for the "illusion" ... prove that you have ever had an experience that
wasn't an illusion.

Abstinence from drugs is similar to abstinence from sex. You can be an
expert on the reports of others,  but you have no authority to speak on the
subjective without actual context.