[ExI] Zombie glutamate

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Feb 21 18:02:47 UTC 2015

On 2/21/2015 8:43 AM, John Clark wrote:
> is the idea that the sensation of redness and light with a 620 nm
> wavelength are not the same thing really supposed to a revolutionary
> discovery?

That's just the first step.  Gallant is already reading our minds, and
could have already discovered what is responsible for a redness quality,
he is just currently mapping what he is detecting, back to the intrinsic
properties of the initial cause of the perception process - the
strawberry, resulting in the quale interpretation problem.  This method
is what is making him blind to the qualitative nature of anything he may
be detecting (as illustrated in the 4 figures in the paper).  In
addition to realizing that 620 nm light are different then redness, you
have to corresponding map the zombie information describing what you
have detected, back to the intrinsic quality of the knowledge, not back
to the strawberry.  So in addition to realizing they are different, you
simply have to interpret things in the correct way, so you can properly
interpret the correct qualitative nature of what you are detecting (as
portrayed in the final Fig 4):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vxfbgfm8XIqkmC5Vus7wBb982JMOA8XMrTZQ4smkiyI/edit

>     The paper shows how to overcome the quale interpretation problem
>     so you can experimentally discover and detect what [is resopnsible
>     for new blueness].
>

> That would be the greatest scientific and philosophical discovery in
> the history of the world,
I agree.

> a discovery I would not have thought possible; but you must be talking
> about some other paper because it sure as hell wasn't in the paper I
> read.

> Brent, I reread the paper and I have to say, whatever you've done to
> it, the latest version of it is much clearer. Good luck with the
> presentation at the conference.

At least Stathis never gave up and I've finally been able to communicate
to him.

Brent