[ExI] Transhumanist/sf themed tabletop games

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 05:22:49 UTC 2015

I have a friend who raves about Eclipse Phase, but I've read through it and
a lot of its concepts seem almost unplayable, as a consequence of its
setting.

Transhuman Space is more playable, though I haven't often found a group
actually willing to play GURPS.  Then again, most of the games I've been in
recently tended to be more narrative/less crunchy.

I'm running a game based around several independent Singularities happening
at once (a common mildly tech-suppressive government - e.g., giving public
support for those sciences that advanced humanity in little steps without
empowering the masses too much - suddenly lost access to and control of the
area) and running into one another, with the PCs charged with cleaning up
the resulting chaos.  You may know what to do when someone asks if you are
a god, but what about when what's supposed to be the sworn enemy of your
race tells you that you are a god and sets about proving it?