[ExI] didn't know he was at the party...

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat May 2 16:09:31 UTC 2015

Yup. This is an awesome party!

I am sitting in the quad at Brown University right now. Cherry and magnolia blossoms are falling from the trees. Students are  playing frisbee, reading and picnicking in the sunshine. A sparrow is loudly proclaiming his availability. Yesterday we made some headway on the ethics of AI - that conference was an AI sub-party. Tomorrow I will go to the effective altruism sub-party at Harvard. And meanwhile the giant party continues.

As Robin said, this is the Dreamtime. Let's make sure it lasts, includes even more minds, and become ever more glorious. Cheers!

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University