[ExI] before?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Apr 5 03:34:49 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Subject: Re: [ExI] before?

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 11:58 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

Julian Assange was rudely shouted down here by privacy advocates and left the list over 20 yrs ago, but now I don’t think he was entirely wrong.  He was right on about many of the things he wrote.

### I remember arguing with Eugen Leitl about Brin's book. He fell off the radar, seemingly… Rafał

He’s still around.  I can get contact info if you wish.  Eugen started a closed spinoff list for privacy-oriented transhumanism.  He sent me an invitation; I read his list for a couple years but I never posted there.

He has an interesting take on privacy: the Germans really get the whole privacy thing much better than Yanks.  They remember what happened in the 1930s and know it can happen again, anywhere.  His words ring true to me as I listen to the current appalling crop of US presidential candidates.  All four of the remaining candidates have an outlook that favors statism.  All four feel like power grabbers to me.  I am hoping one of them will choose Gary Johnson as a running mate.