[ExI] Meta question

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:06:52 UTC 2016

So to restate your closing line, "it is sometimes rational from the
genes viewpoint for genes to build brain mechanisms that induce humans
to act irrationally from their individual viewpoints."  Keith

I do think the question of altruistic behavior is settled, at least for
me.  But - I still object  and would rewrite your rewrite:  "....that
induce humans to seem to act irrationally from..........."  bill w

You can make a case that more human mental effort is expended on
rationalizing than on rational thinking.  Keith

Fully agree - the ego, if you will accept that term, largely makes up
reasons after the unconscious makes its choices

If y'all are going to accept 'rational irrationality' I am outa this
discussion.

  bill w