[ExI] ok geezer, was: RE: Meta question again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 13:58:05 UTC 2016

On 27 August 2016 at 03:34, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> Now let's get going, shall we?  I am struggling to put together some Python
> skills, perhaps to rise to the level of scarcely adequate.  I can do a hash
> table I suppose, otherwise I am open to counter-suggestion from my software
> superiors.  If I use the DAVAI^3 again, I don't intend any disrespect nor am
> I talking down to anyone; merely shrieking impatiently for my colleagues to
> get our asses out of bed and get them moving.

<http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-08/msu-wdd082516.php>
Quote:
What digital divide? Seniors embrace social technology
Michigan State University  25-Aug-2016

Contrary to popular belief, older adults enjoy emailing, instant
messaging, Facebook and other forms of social technology. Not only
that, but such online networking appears to reduce seniors' loneliness
and even improve their health.

A new study by Michigan State University researcher William Chopik
finds that social technology use among older adults is linked to
better self-rated health and fewer chronic illnesses and depressive
symptoms. The findings are published online in the journal
Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking.

"Older adults think the benefits of social technology greatly outweigh
the costs and challenges of technology," said Chopik, assistant
professor of psychology. "And the use of this technology could benefit
their mental and physical health over time."

Getting old geezers online seems to be an immediately available 'good thing'.

BillK