[ExI] Bell's Inequality

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:25:22 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> What is this je ne sais quoi that makes the world you see real but
> collapses all the other worlds predicted by QM into the realm of
> imagination?

That is indeed the question any
​ ​
Copenhagener
​ ​
must answer, and they can't; all they can do is wave their hands around and
say stuff about consciousness. The mathematics in Quantum Mechanics says
nothing about the Schrodinger
​ ​
Wave
​ ​
Equation
​ ​
collapsing because a conscious being
​made​
​
an observation, or collapsing for any other reason for that matter. If the
Copenhagen people want to get serious they're going to have to explain
exactly what a observation is and develop an
​ ​
equation for consciousness and show how a interaction between the two
equations causes the
​
Schrodinger
​ ​
Wave
​ ​
to collapse. That's why I like the Many World's Interpretation, it doesn't
need to explain what a observation is, nor does it need to explain what
consciousness is because neither has anything to do with the theory. Many
Worlds says when something changes a conscious observer splits and occupies
2 different universes, but the exact same thing happens to a non-conscious
non-observer. Copenhagen says matter that is conscious follows different
laws of physics than matter that is not conscious (although they can't
explain what those laws are), Many Worlds says it's the same rules for
everything. Many Worlds simply assumes that the equations of quantum
mechanics mean what they say, and none of them say anything about
​ ​
Schrodinger's
​ ​
wave collapsing, that was just tacked on by the Copenhagen people.

John K Clark