[ExI] Wise Donald Trump

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 20:56:41 UTC 2016

Trump is how fascism starts, and don't think the USA is immune from it just
because it has a constitution, Trump will wipe his ass on it and the people
will cheer.
 john clark

Look at Europe, sinking into far right wing ideas.  Does anybody dispute
that this is resulting from the immigration of war refugees?  Or the
increasing population of Muslims?  For 'Muslims' you could just write
'people not like us'.

And here we are in the good ol USA reacting to the same situation, though
we are not flooded with refugees.  (We could take a lot more than we do.)

What is behind all of this?  Fear.  Fear of lost jobs, fear of lost
religion and religious principles, fear of different religions and races -
basically fear that we will never see the 50s again.

Putting up walls, stopping immigration, and more - these are far out
solutions but they make people fear less.  That, to me, is the Trump base.
The base do not care about his ravings - fear reduction is enough.  That
even if elected his ideas are very likely not to be implemented is
irrelevant.  People want to feel better NOW.

Thoughts?

bill w