[ExI] Security clearances

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat May 14 23:37:57 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-14 23:06, spike wrote:

> Anders, this might be the only time this ever happens: I disagree with
> much or most of what you posted (I left it in, below.)

Cool. And mildly frightening.

> Little evidence they work: very much on the contrary sir.  I might not
> say anything more on that topic other than I disagree.

Would there be any way to actually document this fact?

My problem is that in my world a claim is not to be trusted until there
are ways of verifying it or that all (reasonable) counterclaims have
been falsified. Finding a way of demonstrating that classifying actually
does work (and how much) would be very useful, and actually pretty
important.

I can imagine looking for natural experiments where the system
accidentally failed to classify or not in parallel organisations, a bit
like how the US Army accidentally demonstrated the role of IQ in soldier
usability due to a clerical error.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute