[ExI] Humans losing freewill

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 18:29:30 UTC 2016

(sorry, I did it again - sent before I was ready)

I just want to know what the hell the term means.

John K Clark ​

I suspect, without any evidence at all, that it comes from Christianity.
If we are always doing God's will because that's the way God set it up,
then there is no room for sin, and sin is the basis of the religion:  Adam
and Eve sinned and it has to be their choice or there is no justification
for eviction from Eden.

Add to it the doctrine that their sin infected every single human since,
and we have original sin; ergo, babies are born lacking a state of grace
(necessary to go to heaven) and must be saved
 by their own choice.(here sects disagree about baptism, immersion, etc.)

So free will is necessary for the very bases of this religion.

Best I can do, I think.  Consult a philosophical dictionary for more.

I don't believe in any of it.  "I did not mean to do that" means "I wish I
had not done that".

bill w

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 12:19 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com