[ExI] statins

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:26:58 UTC 2016

So what would you propose to stop heart attacks for the majority of
the population that have a poor diet and don't exercise?

Tell them to have a complete lifestyle change?  As if they would
listen. Most of the time doctors can't even get their patients to take
medicine.
---------------------
The answer according to some, is to have a nanny state.  For ex., warning
labels may be required on Big Macs.  But if people are going to be
stubborn, continue smoking, drinking too much, eating poorly, watching too
much TV (lack of exercise) then they will have to pay the price for their
shortsightedness.  Or will they?  What if we put things in the water that
they are nearly forced to use?

Quick question for libertarians:  is fluoridating the water a nanny state
solution, to be resisted?  Will we put anti-obesity pills, once developed,
into the water?  How much forced medication is too much?

bill w