[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:34:38 UTC 2017

Stathis wrote: The studies try to find a correlation between awareness or
awareness and patterns in the brain. They do not demonstrate consciousness.

-----
Is there a difference between awareness and consciousness?  I would equate
them.  bill w

​How on ​earth are they ever going to do that unless they first make the
assumption that there is a link between behavior and consciousness?

​John K Clark​

You poke someone who is asleep and get no behavior. You poke them when
awake and they might poke you back.  Clear link between behavior and
consciousness/awareness/ alertness/pick your term.  You don't need
assumptions when you have clear correlations between stages of
consciousness and behavior.

bill w